Sunday, May 1, 2011 at 2:42PM
We are very pleased to have an active community on footytips.com.au and dedicated moderators. As a result, we need to have some rules in place to avoid this community being ruined by a minority of, well, idiots.
Rules for Forums, Commenting and Live Chat
Any user in breach of the following rules may be:
- Warned that they are in breach of these rules.
- Banned from participating in live chat, forums or any feature that allows posting to the site (warning may or may not apply).
- Have their account deleted (warning may or may not apply)
- We will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
- We will not tolerate any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws. Our decision is final in these matters.
- Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, non-sense posts, or the such.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members.
- We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate community standards. The footytips team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
- Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
- While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
- We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
- Posts arguing about company policies are not allowed. You can fill out a support ticket if you have issue with company policies.
- Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
- Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
- You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
- All post must be made in English.
- We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system.
Advertising Services and Solicitation
We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. Note: The only exception to this is for language pack submissions as described below.
You should never give out your footytips login details or password to anyone. We can not take responsibility if you disclose this information to anyone else.
Avatars & Member Names
- Avatars that may be confused with official staff avatars or moderators are not allowed.
- Member names or alias’s that may be confused with official staff avatars or moderators are not allowed.
Although the administrators and moderators of footytips will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners, staff members or moderators of footytips or will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
The owners of footytips reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread or comment for any reason.
We reserve the right to update and modify these rules as the needs of the community dictate to ensure the smooth operation of this community.
The team at footytips.com.au would like to thank our moderators for doing a wonderful job keeping the chat room clean and fun. Thanks guys and gals.